A simple snowflake craft activity
Decoration during festivals brings positivity and the feeling of joy.
Christmas is a winter festival and winter means SNOW.
For Christmas decorations help your child do this simple activity of making a Snowflake ornament.
- Popsicle sticks ( Coloured/ Plain)- You would need 3/4 popsicle sticks for each snowflake
- Paint – if using the plain popsicle sticks
- Paint brush
- Decorative items- ( Rhinestones, stickers, glitter, buttons, etc.)
- Pom poms / cotton balls
- Jute/ Woolen strings to hang ( length – 5 inches)
- A bowl of water
- A waste cloth to wipe
- Spread a sheet of newspaper on the activity area.
- Paint the popsicle sticks if using the plain ones.
- Keep it aside to dry. After it dries,stick the popsicle sticks as shown in the pictures. You can make each snowflake using 3/ 4 popsicle sticks.
- Once dried,decorate the snowflakes with the given decorative items.
- Make a loop of the jute string and stick both the ends on the back of one popsicle stick
- Create a few snowflakes with different decorating ideas. ( Refer to the pictures given)
Helps develop various skills in the child like-
- Cognitive – Learning colours and symmetry
- Physical – Developing eye hand coordination, fine motor skills
- Social and Emotional- Appreciating other cultures, bonding with parents/ siblings/ friends
- Language – Communication skills and vocabulary
Tips for parents:
- Guide your kids but let them think : Encourage them to think differently and appreciate their unique artifacts.
- Make sure you use the ornaments for decorations : Give them a sense of achievement and confidence
Every child deserves the hall of fame and appreciation for his or her hardwork. Do share the pics of your activity on our Facebook group